Thermokinesis is the Psi power to mentally manipulate the motion of molecules, thus changing temperature in the immediate vicinity. This can range from controling body temperature (called Body Temperature Manipulation or Body Temperature Control) to generating mass heat waves or massive cold fronts. This ability cannot immediately change the weather, it only affects how hot or cold things are, sometimes resulting in changing the weather. This ability may be accompanied by the ability to resist temperature extremes, as well cryokinesis, pyrokinesis, Atmokinesis or the like.
Thermokinesis is the psychokinetic ability to manipulate the atmospheric temperature, aka: the temperature around you and others; hence the word "atmospheric". Thermokinesis is a very distinct ability to work with. I recently discovered that I have the gift of Thermokinesis. Some of what you can do with Thermokinesis include:
The ability to accelerate the molecules in an object to cause the object to become hot. This can be used to heat things up or make them hotter, like a bowl of soup for instance. This can also be used to replace the workings of a toaster, waffle-maker, etc. that is if you are practiced and skilled enough with this ability.
- The ability to decelerate the molecules in an object to cause the object to become cold. This can be used to freeze things or make them colder, like a hot cup of tea, a hot cup of cocoa, etc. that is if you are practiced and skilled enough with this ability.
- The ability to manipulate the temperature of the air around you, as I mentioned before; aka the atmospheric temperature. This is commonly mistaken for the ability to control weather, aka Atmokinesis. This in fact not at all like Atmokinesis. You are only manipulating the temperature around you. Whereas, Atmokinesis is where you are manipulating the weather around you, causing feats like hurricanes, rain, snow, sunshine, etc.
- The ability to manipulate body temperatures. This ability is pretty straightforward and can be used to heat or make cold ones body. But this ability is probably the most prone to go wrong, so watch out!
- This ability is rare in psychics with Thermokinesis and only shows in very few Thermokinetics!* The rare ability to resist temperature extremes, as well as freezing, burning, Atmokinesis or the like.
• Burning, also called Heating, Heat Generation or Molecular Acceleration is the superhuman ability to psychically accelerate the motion of particles, thus rapidly igniting or burning any given subject by one or many of numerous ways:
- 1. Fiery Breath, Firebreathing, Superhot Breath, Flaming Breath or Igneopnea- the ability to generate intense heat (or perhaps actual fire) with the breath; can be used to burn/melt/ignite flammable objects, etc.
- 2. Fiery Vision, Burning Vision or Burning Stare- the ability to burn anything the user stares at; by looking at a desired target, the mind triggers its superhuman burning ability (staring at the target is always required)
- 3. Heat Projection- the projection of heat from the body as blasts, beams or just waves of radiating heat from the body (may be warm energy, or it may be superhot energy, or any area in-between)
- 4. Pyric Touch, Burning Touch or Superhot Touch- a touch exuding extreme heat or molecule-accelerating energy, increasing the heat of anything touched (or melting/burning it or setting it ablaze)
However, it may simply entail the increase of heat in molecules in the air. People with this ability can usually withstand being affected by people with the same abilities or conditions of the same temperature. This ability may or may not be accompanied by the ability to control temperatures or fire. Another variation of this ability allows the user to increase the “temperature” of his intangible aspects, such as the mind, aura and psyche, so that when others attempt harmful mental contact with the user, or vice versa, the subjects feel as though burned (called Fervid or Hot Mind/Aura/Psyche).
• Freezing, also called Cooling, Cold Generation or Molecular Deceleration is the superhuman ability to psychically decelerate the motion of particles, thus rapidly cooling or freezing any given subject by one or many of numerous ways:
- 1. Freezing Breath or Frigid Breath- the ability to generate intense cold (or perhaps actual frost/ice) with the breath; it can be used to freeze things (or just to cool them), immobilize things in motion, etc.
- 2. Freezing Vision, Freezing Stare or Polar Stare- the ability to freeze anything the user stares at; by looking at a desired target, the mind triggers its superhuman freezing ability (staring at the target is required)
- 3. Heat Theft or Warmth/Heat Absorption- the absorption of ambient heat into the body, via the hands, feet, the mouth or any other open skin; absorbed heat can warm the user while freezing the foe, etc.
- 4. Icy Touch, Freezing Touch or Frigid Touch- a touch which exudes extremely cold energy or molecule-decelerating energy, thus decreasing the heat of anything touched (or entirely freezing it)
However, it may simply entail the decrease of heat in the moisture in the air. People with this ability can usually withstand being affected by people with the same abilities or conditions of the same temperature. This ability may or may not be accompanied by the ability to control temperatures or ice. Another variation of this ability allows the user to decrease the “temperature” of his intangible aspects, such as the mind, aura and psyche, so that when others attempt harmful mental contact with the user, or vice versa, the subjects feel as though chilled (called Frigid or Cold Mind/Aura/Psyche).
Though Thermokinesis is a broader range of Pyrokinesis and Cryokinesis they are quite different. Thermokinesis, though it can achieve the production of fire or creation of ice and temperature alike, it can not in any definite way control fire or ice. If thermokinesis was supercharged and got a evolution so to speak, then it would be consider pyrokinesis or cryokinesis. Until then you only have the weaker version of the very useful and very popular powers. That does not mean this power isn't useful. It can melt, burn, blaze intenden and unintended objects depending on the control, skill, and power of the psionic. On the vice said it can do the complete opposite when dealing in cooler temperature making the object so frigid that it shatter on contact. It's a very versatile powe and quite usefull to a psi who needs a defensive and offensive ability.
And now for the part all you Thermokinetics have been waiting for: The Thermokinetic exercises and methods! These methods and exercises are ones that I have devised myself and ones that I have received from others. Here they are
- To accelerate the molecules of an object: Visualize little White-Blue, spherical balls (representing the atoms of the object) moving slowly around in the area of the object. *Area* = Visualize the color White replacing the appearance of the object, but keep the shape of the object in your visual model! Now, visualize the little White-Blue balls now moving around fastly and swiftly. Visualize them crashing into each other and as they crash into each other they become a fiery-Red color (representing the object becoming hotter). Do this for as long as you feel necessary.
- To decelerate the molecules of an object: Visualize little Fiery-Red, spherical balls (representing the atoms of the object) moving fastly around in the area of the object. *Area* = Visualize the color White replacing the appearance of the object, but keep the shape of the object in your visual model! Now, visualize the little fiery-Red balls now moving around slowly. Visualize them suddenly becoming an Icy Blue color (representing the object becoming colder). Do this for as long as you feel necessary.
This is all that I will tell you how to do because the rest I want all you Thermokinetics to experiment with on your own. You have the basis of how to accelerate and decelerate molecules, so try it out next time with something a little more different, like the air around you. Good luck all of you Thermokinetics!